Earlier this week my husband told me his company was having a costume contest the Friday before halloween. I get to take full advantage of my makeup artist skills and give my Beauty Asylum hair and makeup followers an easy DIY blog post.
In a couple days time my husband and I threw together a look for less than $20. The great thing about this look and all the looks we have put together over the years would be it is budget friendly. The products we used are already in house with the exception of a couple. Here's what you'll need.
- cotton balls
- paint wheel
- liquid latex
- setting powder (men: baby powder works / anything to matte the latex shine)
- acrylic nails
- blood (optional)
- brushes (optional)
LET'S GET STARTED!
- tape the brows so the latex will not pull out your hair.
- Take the cotton & start to spread a layer across the face like the picture above.
- Apply the latex using a q-tip & adhere the cotton to the face. This will create the texture of burned skin. Layer more cotton in the areas you want to protrude (i.e cheekbone, mouth, brow, jawline)
- Take balls of cotton + latex and place the acrylic nails for the teeth.
- Once the latext is dry on the face, powder all over.
- Start with your base color all over.
- Use a lighter shade (peach, yellow) around the edge of mask so it will blend with the tone of the face.
- Second, grab a mid-range color (I used dark blue) & create the depth in the pockets of the face.
- Add the red for the gums bewteen the top part of the teeth. Use black/blue for the bottom gums.
- Add a little yellow to the teeth and you're done!